Monday, January 17, 2011

Taylor Swift and freezing rain

This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn, showered, ate an amazing breakfast my mommy made, and hopped in the car to journey back to Drake.  Classes start tomorrow, and I'd been back for a month and three days, so it was basically time to go.
Obviously, since I had a four hour drive west to Des Moines, there was a huge winter weather storm moving east.  Perfect.  At first, the weather was fine, and dare I say, it was somewhat sunny.  But my luck quickly changed.  I drove through snow, ice, freezing rain, "wintry mix" as the weather channel would call it, and then just plain rain.  It was so gross and dangerous.  Cars were off the road left and right, and this semi truck went off the road not much before I passed.  That's so not a normal angle...

It slowed traffic so much that I went about a half mile in a half hour.  So brutal.  Everyone was practically in park in the left lane.  So naturally, I jammed to Taylor Swift to pass the time.  I made it through all of the T. Swift on my iPod once, and had to start over.  I usually love driving by myself, but today I kept wishing that someone could just be with me.  The icy roads made me nervous that I'd slide off like everyone else.  But God was with me.  I knew he was there.  He's the only reason why I made it safely to Drake, even if the drive was way longer than it should have been, and I'm thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment