Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 1: "she didn't say a word the whole way, and now she's jumping all over the place"

I love Young Life.

Young Life and I go way back, but basically I have a lot to thank Summer Sletten for.

This weekend I had the most amazing opportunity to go to Madison, WI for a Young Life Mission Community Conference with six other people who are beyond passionate about starting Young Life in Des Moines.  I had never met any of these people before, yet I was not the least bit nervous.

I was quiet for the majority of the ride there and it took me time to warm up, but once we got to the conference and were waiting for club, I was going crazy and jumping around everywhere.  I hadn't had club for about 7 months, and I hope I never have to go that long without club again.

Club was fabulous.  It just feels so right for me to be there.  I love scenes like this.

Something about hundreds of people all together to praise God just blows my mind.  It's such a powerful experience for me, and gives me so much joy.  Mike "Ash" Ashburn was the speaker, and he is hands down one of the best speakers I have ever had the privilege to hear.  He is encouraging, inspiring, and gives his heart and soul to the ministries of Young Life.  In his message, he encouraged every leader to get in the game; that God wants to live life in your game uniform.  He is one of those speakers that hooks you and reels you in before he really even says anything.  It's just amazing.

At this point, I don't really know what to do.  I am so booked up with credits this semester and Delta Gamma obligations and my circle of friends at Drake already, that I am not totally sure that I have the time necessary to give to this ministry.  I love Young Life, but I just keep questioning if being a leader is something that I am really supposed to do, and whether or not it is something that I am qualified for and that God wants me to do.  I know that I just need to keep praying about it, but decisions like this just eat me up inside.

Other great things about today:
1.  Playing Mad Gab with Chad, Sarah, and Brittany
2.  Getting to see Molly

3.  This quote from Caitlin Higgins:
"I think for the most part, 
if you're really honest with what you want out of life, 
life will give it to you."

4.  Meeting new people (in order of when I met them): Brittany, Dan, Chad, Tom, Nikki, and Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment