Saturday, January 1, 2011

the cornerstone

So yes, I'm blogging.  I'm not blogging to be cool or popular or because I have nothing better to do.  I'm blogging because I want to make a change in my life, and I want to record everything.  I want a life I remember, and since my memory constantly fails me, I'm hoping this blog won't.  I want to want to write.  I want to love writing.  I want to be held accountable for reaching this goal and making this change.  I want to define my life.

The quote:

"Cause that’s what life's about.  It's about the times where you lay in the grass next to someone you love.  It's about the color of the sky.  It's about a roaring fire on a winter eve.  Everybody hurts, everybody bleeds.  Everyone laughs & smiles & loves.  & that's all that it is.  There's no meaning of life.  It's nothing that can be defined.  It's a matter of writing your own definition."

thanks hlw.

I want to define my life.  I want it to be uniquely mine.  I want my life to be defined by my words and actions, and not by what other people think of my words or actions.  When I make choices, I want to stop thinking, "Well if I do this, she'll tell him and he'll think that's stupid," or "I should do this because she did and I like her."  That's not me being true to myself.  That's me trying to please and be like other people.  I want to be the best version of myself always.  This will be a huge challenge for me, but I am so sure that it's exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment