Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 3: "So what sessions did you go to? Oh, the diet coke one?"

"Lasts" are always hard for me.  I woke up this morning and was really sad because I knew that today was my last day here.  This has been such a great experience, and I did not want to even think about leaving.

After breakfast, we had optional sessions to attend, and it was the sort of move-at-your-own-pace thing.  Unfortunately, I had to pack up my bags and check out of the room, so I couldn't go to the sessions right away.  When I was done, I only had about 30 minutes left before club, so I decided I'd go take a walk to McDonald's to get Diet Coke, and spend some time with God just walking.  I'm hardly out of the parking lot when Dan comes driving up the road in Tom's car, just staring at me like I'm an idiot.  So he stops, takes me to get my Diet Coke fix, and then we explored early-morning Madison and talked about Young Life.  He's put so much work into getting YL to DSM, and you can tell by being around him how passionate and excited he is for all of this to finally be coming together.

The last club was perf.  We sang two of my favorite chapel songs from Camp Tecumseh, "Mighty to Save" and "Light the Fire."  It was like bringing together two different parts of God in my life.  Ash's parting wisdom was to leave this place with an unmistakable identity.  That when someone would see you, they would know right away that you are a son or daughter of Jesus Christ.  I left the conference feeling like I was radiating Jesus' love everywhere.  I was so refreshed and renewed and felt so alive and ready to tackle life.

I love Young Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment