Friday, January 21, 2011

"It's like P90X for your faith!"

I love music.  I love my friends.  I love God.  I love cheap things.
Winter Jam was a perfect combination of these four things.
I paid ten dollars to see nine Christian artists and bands perform for almost four hours with a great group of my friends.  I love worship music and this night was exactly what I needed.  There were so many people at Winter Jam, which made me so happy.  Wells Fargo Arena was jam packed.  I was thankful Niki got there early and saved seats for the rest of us.  I loved seeing all these people packed into one place, all there to praise God.

Tony Nolan was the speaker for the event.  Even though I've heard him twice before, he has such an amazing life story and testimony that it blows my mind every time.

The David Crowder Band has such an amazing voice live.  I'd love to see one of their full concerts.  Their songs are so pure and simple and true, which is what makes them so great, in my opinion.  Plus I just really like lead singer's mini-fro and crazy beard.

The Newsboys are probably the greatest performers that I have ever seen.  They put on such a show, but their music is still so amazing.  The lead singer was raised straight up on some crazy platform about 40 feet above the crowd, while the two back up singers/musicians were moving around in the air over the crowd on these sort of mechanical arm contraptions.  And although the picture doesn't show it, the drummer and his entire drum set was elevated and spinning in the background.  So crazy.  Crazy good.

Emily, I know you're creeping on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment