Sunday, January 2, 2011

first steps on the first days

New Year's Day, bright and early, Michelle, Maggie, and I took off on a roadtrip adventure to see Sarah Wright.  We were all so tired, and it was a super boring drive until we picked up McDonald's and started making interpretive dance vids.  I love that I had never officially met Maggie until this morning, but it was like we'd been friends for years.  God Bless Camp Tecumseh.

Maggie, Michelle, Molly, Sarah, Sarah, and I played mat snatchers and Just Dance 2 while our giant cupcake baked after eating at Noodles with camp friends.  My favorite part was "just being" with these amazing friends and making lists and doing devotions and reading Shauna Niequist.  We laughed and cried and smiled and scratched backs until the wee hours of the morning.

Making lists and talking forced me to think back on 2010, the good and the bad.  It was a fabulous year full of so much change, but it was still hard to think back.  I was just able to realize the things that I still need to deal with and figure out for the future.  I'm so thankful that I got to start out 2011 like this.

If I could live like this every day of my life, I would in a heartbeat.  Sarah said that camp living is what she thinks life is supposed to be.  I hope that as I continue blogging, I can find out what my definition of life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment