Wednesday, May 18, 2011

prom.

Prom.
Oh prom.
I have so many mixed feelings about prom.
I have no memories of being the little girl wishing to dress up all pretty in big cinderella dresses.  I never really felt like I needed to be one of the pretty prom girls all dressed up and out for dinner at Olive Garden. I don't know why, because it seems like everyone was like that.  As a high school junior, yeah, I wanted to go to prom like some of my friends who went, but it wasn't a big deal, because I still had senior year, nbd.  Then senior year came around, and a lot of long stories short, I didn't go because evidently it was more important for sophomores to go.  Oh well.  Neither Natalie nor I went, so we made lemonade from lemons.  We hit every one of our friends' picture places, made it into a few group shots looking prom-perfect,

 took a tour of Peoria,

had dinner, ate ice cream, laughed a lot, made cupcakes, watched a movie, and hung out with our friends after they were back from the dance.  We had way more fun than they did.  I loved this night with Natalie and loved that we didn't have to buy $300 dresses and prom tickets in order to have a blast.

This year, I obviously did not go to prom.  But I definitely still made it to pictures.  My senior and junior friends were all hyped up about prom and all understandably excited.

I got to hang out with Alyssa as she was getting ready and chat and catch up on life.  It's so strange to think that she's nearly finished with her senior year and will be in college come fall.  I loved her dress and the fact that she knew exactly how many bobby pins made her hair so gorgeous.


I've missed seeing and talking to Ali.  She's such a beautiful girl, inside and out, and I'm so thankful that I got the chance to be friends with her, thanks to RHS tennis.  I love that we're the same that we both get really nervous about things, and then they turn out perfectly fine.  I loved her hair and wish I really knew how to curl mine.

It was fabulous to see Maureen.  It was weird to see her play doubles with someone else this tennis season, but I'm glad we still stayed in contact and maintained our friendship while I was at Drake.  Her dress was so classy and I love the one-shoulder style.  Plus I got to see Maggie too.


I loved seeing Caitlin and that she was just as excited to see me as I was to see her.  This girl and I were so tight last year, and I really hate that our friendship fell apart this year just because I was four hours away.  We have a lot to catch up on, but I'm hoping that our friendship will stay strong this year, even if it takes some hard work.  Caitlin would make any dress gorgeous, but I loved her choice.

All of these girls were the definition of classy and fabulous for prom.  I will never wish to go back to high school, but I'm glad I could be there to share this special day with my high school girls.

1 comment:

  1. Your sentence "I never really felt like I needed to be one of the pretty prom girls all dressed up and out for dinner at Olive Garden." yeahh that was always my dream. Or to go out to dinner while those girls were there with you mommy and daddy so we could go see them! :)

    ReplyDelete